How funny. I couldn't resist, I absolutely HAD to take a picture. She looks like cousin IT! ha!!! Anyway, the transformation began and we ended up looking much better.
She waited a long time to wear her "very special day" dress with her new initials on it. She was so excited. When we got to court she was so excited because she was the center of attention, exactly where every diva likes to be! When we were all called into the courtroom she got really reserved sitting in my lap. She said, "Mommy, I am very shy and I don't know why we are here and I am a little scared." Broke my heart. I reassured her that everything would be fine and before she knew it we would see the judge and then get to get on with the rest of our fun day.
We were called in 3rd out of 4 kids there that day. I wasn't exactly prepared for how much of Morgan's past would be talked about that day which sadly meant that I hadn't prepared Morgan for it either. But all in all it was very quick and surreal. Before I knew it we were taking pictures and out of there.
This is us with the judge. Morgan was petrified of him! He tried so hard to talk to her and tell her how cute she was but she wanted no part of him.
Me, my parents, Morgie, and the Judge.
The whole family.
Mary (our adoption caseworker), Harriet (our CASA), Gabby (DFCS resource worker), Casi (our caseworker), me, Morgie, and the judge.
Two very special girls on their adoption day. Sabrina and Morgan.
Me & my baby on the steps of the courthouse after the ceremony. It is our first offical "Mommy & Daughter" shot.
I have heard this poem before, but someone gave me a framed copy of it. I thought it was fitting of my emotions this day and every day.
Not flesh of my flesh,
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own....
Never forget for a single minute-
You didn't grow under my heart-
but in it.
Stay tuned for part 2 of our very special day!!!!





3 comments:
Congratulations, Morgan & Mel! Finally together forever.
Congratulations, Morgan & Mel! Finally together forever.
YEAH!!!!! I love the poem. It just says everything so perfectly. You and Morgan are just as perfect!!! Keep posting. I am catching up to ya!!!
Post a Comment