Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Festivities

This might be a long one girls. We started celebrating the 4th on the 3rd! Morgan's day care always has a parade. They load all of the kids into floats and people bring old cars and they usually have firetrucks and police. This year the firetrucks weren't allowed to come to recreational activities due to gas prices! Here is a pic of Morgan in her float with her class.


Morgan with the General Lee, and yes it was complete with the redneck horn!

They had a snow cone truck there for the kids to enjoy. And boy did Morgan enjoy it! Here she is with her flavor of choice, Tutti Frutti.

One of the classes had made this huge flag with their hands. It was too cute not to take a picture of...complete with the Diva herself!


Me & Morgie before she went home with Nana and I headed back to work.


After I got off that afternoon we headed to the fairgrounds for fireworks. Morgan had a great time with her cousins. (L to R, Isreal, Morgie, Cheyenne, Anna)


They got to take rides on all of the huge inflatables together and they loved it. So much giggling...


And they got to go thru an obstacle course. We laughed so hard as we followed them around the outside watching them. Ah to be 4 again!


We topped the night off with fireworks. Went home late and got up early the next morning to go to the annual Steam Engine parade in town. Our picture at the parade. I am trying to get better about getting our pictures made together!

We got there about 45 minutes before it started and it was a long wait. I heard every complaint from I'm hungy, I'm thirsty, I'm tired, I'm sleepy, I'm hot, and I'm sweating.....and a few others but those were the most consistant. Here is Morgie and Molly between breakdowns...again before the parade started. Love Molly's shirt. It reads "Hot as a Firecracker!"

And these steam engines are loud too! So there was lots of this going on.....

And then finally this.....FINALLY the parade is starting....and we have added cotton to the ears by this point too.

This is a video of the first steam engine....really the only one that I have ever liked. (Sorry I had to link it. I can't get it to work right and I'm tired of messing with it.)

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=654958459d412f8f9fca6e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

After that one, it just got really loud and HOT! Morgan got a little nervous. Below is classic Morgan in "I am SOOO about to lose it!" mode complete with rubbing on the clothing, poor thing!

As the engines and floats go by they all throw candy. Every time that Morgan put candy in her bag she had to check to make sure it was all still in there.

She was much happier after I gave in and let her have a sucker 'cause that is what I am....a big sucker! Besides it was a quick save from the above mentioned near meltdown!

We left about 45 minutes into the parade and it still wasn't half over. We walked about 10 feet down and look who we found.... Iz Man!!!!

Well I know that this one has been long but I had tons of pictures covering 2 days worth of events and it was really hard narrowing down from 200+ pictures. I leave you with 2 of my favorites of Morgan.

My little Miss Independent!!!!

Hope that all of you girlies had a great 4th with your families too! Love ya!

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

Looks like your's and Morgan's 4th was a blast. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Love all of Morgan's red, white, and blue outfits and her cute little pony tail/bun with a bow. I also like your summer hair cut Melanie-I am sooo tempted to chop all of mine off right about now!

Chris said...

Oh you guys look like you had a GREAT weekend! What fun and Morgan is DECKED out! You know I love it. I had Lindsay in red,white and blue all weekend.
I'm posting some new stuff later this evening so check back.

I love those last two pics of her too and even her MELT DOWN face is adorable!!

Heather said...

What a great 4th of July! I love all of her festive outfits and that you're getting into more pictures.

The Partins said...

What great pictures! Looks like you had a blast. That last picture is magazine worthy!!! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

oh, i love the pics! awesome 4th photos. thanks for sharing them, Mel!

Anonymous said...

We'll I am really a slacker after reading this post. I had a touch of a stomach bug on the 3rd so we did not even get to the fireworks until 9pm and we were back home by 10:15. To top it off I forgot my camera!!!! I love all of Morgans gear. Save for Alex!

Bethany said...

Great post!!! Looks like you ladies had a great time. Love all of Morgie's festive outfits.