Well, I can hardly believe it girls. It has been one year since I met Miss Morgie. My life has been fuller and filled with more love than I ever could have imagined for the last year. It doesn't feel like a year at all. I remember the call from my resource worker like it was yesterday. She called about 3:50 as I was packing up and getting ready to leave work for the day and asked me if I was ready and then said she had a blond haired, blue eyed angel for me. I have always been intrigued by the grandmother on Hope Floats that tells her grandkids "my cup runneth over" when she is happy. I loved the saying but I just never got how you could say it and mean it really. Well since that day a year ago I GET IT!! I get it because every day whether it is hard or easy Morgan makes my feel like my cup runneth over! I told her this morning that I saw her for the very first time a year ago today (of course she has no concept of this) and that it was love at first sight. She just giggled. I said, "Do you know what that means? That means that I loved you from the very first time that I saw you!" She loved that and just kept on repeating it over and over. We had extra snuggle time this morning and Morgie seemed to want extra petting and affection.....like she somehow knew that this day was sentimental to me and I needed it. Oh my, I just love this girl!!!
I put together this slideshow from her last year. The first few pics are the very first night that I got her. The last were taken just 2 nights ago to put in Valentine cards. Enjoy, but I warn you it is long!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
Man I remember this day like yesterday. It is amazing to see how much Morgan has changed since that first day. She still had a chubby baby look and now she is a big girl. The show was great!!!!
Mel...you do get it! What you wrote can be summed up in one word: motherhood! I think when Morgan is older she will look back and realize that her cup runneth over too! That was such a beautiful and moving post...I watched every frame of the slideshow too, it was great! Happy 1 Year!
What a great day. You are a wonderful mommy. Morgan has grown so much emotionally (as well as physically) over the past year. You two make a great pair.
Grrr..my computer isn't letting me view the slide show without pausing every 2 seconds! I'll come back later. For now, I remember some of those first pics you took of Morgan and how she was scared to take a bath. She's come so far-what a great job you've done Melanie!
wow, the time has flown! it's been a beautiful journey, Mel. and i thank you for allowing all your blogger buds to be a part of it. I know I have learned so much from your love and compassion. Happy 1 year!!!
Congrats on one year!!! She is one lucky little girl to have you. :-)
Congrats to you both on ONE YEAR! I can't believe how fast that was! She really has changed a lot too. She's such a cutie pie and you two are PERFECT together! I know you're heart is full!!
Love the slide show!!
Have a great weekend!
Wow, a year already. Like Andrea I remember the little girl who was afraid of the bath tub. She's come a long way. She's beautiful. You're doing such a wonderful job.
I can't believe it's been a year!!! I'm so used to Morgan now...it's funny to see her then. She's grown so much, and so have you! I loved the slide show and agree with one of the other bloggers - one day she'll realize that her cup runneth over.
That video was just adorable!! We all know what a difference you have made in her life... but it's always awesome to see it in pictures! What I noticed most was how her personality seemed to come alive and her smiles got bigger and bigger as the slide show progressed... that right there is all the proof you need that her cup, like yours, runneth over. Happy one year!!!
You do such a good job on the slideshows. Congrats to you and Morgan on a happy 1st year together.
There was a girl in Valdosta that looked just like Morgan to me. I'll try to post a picture soon. I swear they are long lost twins.
Congrats on your 1st year with Morgan! You are an awesome foster parent!
Just checking in... are you both doing o.k.? I've been MIA for awhile and just wanted to say hi and see what Miss Morgan was up to. Hope all is good!!
Hey,
I saw your comment on Caron's blog. Been wondering where you were. Hope your puter problems are fixed soon and the other drama too....we miss you...
Post a Comment