Sunday, January 27, 2008

Farewell party for Maddie


Today, we went to Maddie's going away party at the Big Cheese's. It was so sad. I didn't expect that it would be just as hard as when she left my house. I started bawling as soon as I saw her. All the what if's started to roll through my mind. Ughh....after about 10 minutes I pulled it together and didn't tear up again. We really did have fun and I am so thankful that her current foster parents are so sweet and invited us to come and allowed Bethie and her kiddies to come too. This is Maddie and her foster Daddy with her crown on.



They had a cake, which her foster mom was not going to let Maddie have any, Maddie had her own plans....



She successfully got into it twice! And her Mimi & Papa let her have cake and pizza when the parents weren't looking!!! The kids had so much fun. This is Morgan up on the big screen.



And I really thought that Maddie would hate this guy, but she LOVED him! All the kids did. He literally couldn't get away from them!


This is the Andersons' other foster child, Tristan. They got him about 2 months ago and he is completely adorable! DFCS wants to make him and Morgan their poster kids!

Livi & Morgan got to play some together. Of course, they loved that.


The last ride of the evening....



Morgan loving on her Maddie. She just can't get enough of her.


I'll leave you with a pic of the baby girl that I will always wonder about. The one that will forever feel like mine. I still wonder how people do this for years and years and say good-bye to so many. Sometimes I think that I will never get over losing Maddie. It does help to know that she is going to a great home and is going to be immensely loved. Ughhh....I gotta stop the tears have come back again!!!!

Sweet, sweet angel girl!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh, great post, Mel. That cake is awesome!!

I know you will always have a big place in your kind heart for that precious little angel. you continue to inspire me with your compassion and strength. i wish maddie all the best and lots of happiness always.

Heather said...

That was beautiful Mel. I hope and pray for many good things for baby Maddie.

Anonymous said...

I am crying reading this. No child should have to go through this process, but I guess it makes it better when they get awesome foster parents like you!

Tara said...

I said it once before but, Maddie is so much better off for having you in her life. She was so lucky to know you and to be loved by you, now and forever. I really admire your caring and strength.

Caitlin said...

This is a beautiful post. I'm happy that you and Morgan were given an opportunity to build more memories with Maddie as well as a great way to say goodbye. You'll eventually get over the pain, but your love for Maddie will last a lifetime! You are such a strong person for being able to give of yourself as a foster parent. I admire you greatly!

Anonymous said...

I know you will miss her, but Maddie will always have you as her prayer warrior. Looks like she is going to a great family complete with a big brother to look after her. I can't believe how much she's changed since you first got her!

Chris said...

Oh Mel! I'm BAWLING! I'm just touched by you and both of those girls. I love what Andrea said...your're her prayer warrior for life! Good for Maddie for getting a sweet family and her daddy looks very happy & proud of her in that picture. You're one incredible lady! Hang in there!
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Chris said...

Thanks for your sweet post on my blog yesterday. We're doing a little better this week. It's been hard. Hope to have good news today as we have an ultrasound at 2:30 and we're hoping to get a definitive BOY/GIRL answer. Stay tuned....

Christy said...

I just came across your blog. I hope that you don't mind a stranger leaving you a comment.

My husband was in foster care for quite a while, as a child, and this is something we have been talking about for the past few years. I hope that you don't mind my reading your blog. Fostering is something that I feel God is leading me to, and your blog looks like an awesome way for me to gain better perspective of it.

People like you are the type of people I consider a hero. Praises be to God for blessing the world with love like yours.