Monday, March 10, 2008

Blogger Blah's

Ok girls, I definitely have a bad case of the blogger blah's. I am sure that it has been brought on by the fact that my computer isn't exactly functioning right now and I have no capability of uploading pics at work. I did want to get on here and let you guys know that we are still alive and kickin'. The biggest news would have to be that Morgan broke her elbow Feb 21st. That event was very shortly followed by a near nervous breakdown for me worrying if her mother was going to have me thrown in jail or not. Luckily she decided not to care so I have slowly recovered. Morgan's broken arm hasn't phased her in the least. She still does everything she did before she just doesn't like other kids running at her now. I wish that I could give you girls some pics because her little pink cast is adorable. Much improvement from the first orange and pink striped one, which is a whole other story for a different day!

I wanted to let you girls know that we go to court for a very important hearing tomorrow at 9am. Without getting into too many details, Morgan's great-aunt is petioning the court for custody of Morgan. She has already had like 5 home studies done on her and every one of them were denied. So, we can't imagine that the judge would decide in her favor BUT you never know what they will do. So, with all of that being said, I am calling all prayer warriors to pray for Morgan's well being today and tomorrow. Please if nothing else say a quickie when you finish reading this. Thanks to all of you blogger girlie's who are always there to uplift and encourage me! I love ya!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about Morgan's arm. I am glad she is recovering nicely.

I'll keep you in my prayers tonight & tomorrow. I am sure everything will go fine, but I can understand the nerves.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you tonight. I'm so glad you updated I've been wondering how y'all have been. I hope Morgan recovers soon and can't wait to see updated pics!

Kimmie Kay said...

I will surely keep you both in my prayers...we've missed you Mel! Hope Morgan is recovering quickly too and enjoying her pink cast.

Tara said...

Ouch, poor Morgan. I can't imagine breaking an elbow. I pray that everything is going well today. Morgan's home is, and always will be, with you.

Angela said...

Can not wait to see Morgan with her cast and I will see you Thursday.

Chris said...

OH MY...I'm late on this. What happened? I hope all went well with court. So sorry to hear about Morgan's arm. I hope she heals very quickly and in the mean time enjoys the extra TLC I'm SURE she's getting and her PINK cast!
Hang in there Mel!
(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

I hope all went well, Mel!!! you and morgan continue to be in my prayers and i hope her elbow heals up fast!!

Hugs to you! :)

Caron said...

Well, if Chris was late then I'm REALLY late on this!

So sorry about Morgan's arm! Allie broke her leg when she was about 16 months old. I took her to the ER and they took an x-ray and said it was not broken. Well, when she was not walking on it TWO WEEKS LATER, I took her to a specialist who confirmed it was indeed broken and put a cast on her immediately. Yeah... I was a little mad.

I totally understand your fear. Michael's aunt is retired from DFACS and told me not to be surprised if the doctors drilled me with questions and called in someone to investigate the possibility of abuse since she was a baby and was injured. I was soooo scared, even though it was a total accident and I did nothing wrong. It was scary, I know how you felt. I had the same fears later when I took her to the other doc since it was an 'old injury'.

Oh well... it all turned out o.k. and her leg is fine. I'm sure Morgan is fine and I'm glad her mom didn't pass blame on you.

Even though I'm late posting, I still said a prayer for the entire situation... let us know how things are. Perk up from the blah's... better days are coming!!! ;)

Chris said...

Hey you....just checking in. I was looking for some lovely pics of Morgan in her Easter Finest...hope things are going ok!

I hope you all had a nice Easter.

Hope to see you soon on the blogs!