Tuesday, September 11, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things.....


Saturday was a day of many of Morgan's favorite things. She started out the morning playing with her cart. Her obsession for this toy is kinda like......Kade's old obsession for Thomas (which he almost needed rehab for, that boy was all about it!), David's new obsession with Thomas (and driving his mama nuts with choo-choo's), and Joe's blanket (ick). Get my point?? I think that I have figured out that it is theraputic for her. It makes her feel in control of a life that to her feels completely out of her control. If we are at home she is either watching Mickey Mouse or pushing this cart around. And now she has added putting the baby in her car seat and putting her on top of the cart (cause that is where baby Maddie used to shop). These kids are smart cookies I tell ya!
She pushes it around so much that I have almost permanant tracks in my carpet!

Then I saw her do this and I cracked up! For some reason when being pushed in the buggy Morgan always wants to hold onto my neck, like to make sure that I am not going anywhere. Well, apparently she was doing the same for her baby and this picture proves it.


So, after about 2-3 hours of around and around and around with the cart she was exhausted and took an early nap per her request. When she woke up 2 of her favorite cuz's came over to play in the water with her. She was very excited to see Chey and Isreal (emphasis on the isRAYel according to Morgan). Here she is running through the sprinkler ring.
Morgan and Izzy. It kinda looks like they are up to no good.....and with them it is highly likely!!!!
Chey and Morgan chasing after each other.

And finally we cleaned up and went out to eat with the family to eat all of Morgan's favorite's, mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits, and ice cream! And she got to wear her Bulldog dress! She points out Bulldogs everywhere now. Even in the parking lot when you walk by a car that has a UGA liscense plate! EVERYwhere! Too funny.
All in all Morgan had a great Saturday with a few of her favorite things! And be honest....who is singing with Julie Andrews right now?!?!?!

9 comments:

Heather said...

No to the Julie Andrews thing. But what a great weekend for Morgan. It's funny how much they like to imitate, at least she has chosen some good traits. Just goes to show how great your doing with her.

Tara said...

Those are great pictures. Glad you all had a pretty good weekend. I love that pic of her and Izzy in the grass.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

^ me sorry.

LOVE Morgan's dress. Its so cute. It looks really comfortable too!

Angela, I didn't know Kade had a Thomas/Train obession! I need your advice...how did you detox him?

Anonymous said...

I'll never rid joe of the blankie until i "accidently" toss it in the fire this winter. ;)

Love your pictures. That one of Morgan and Izzy is so cute. Morgan is gorgeous in her GA dress!

Caron said...

She is so cute! I'm glad that you found her a Georgia dress that she can wear! She like like she loves it. I think my favorite pic though is the one of her hugging around the baby in the cart. That really does show how much all the great things you are doing for her have impacted her life. It's just adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the Georiga dress. Save it for Alex!!

Andrea-Kade just stopped playing with his trains around the age of 4. Every now and then he will play but only for a few minutes.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you Andrea 2 more years to look forward too. That Thomas has a strong hold on these little boys!

You got it Ang....the bloomers are even cuter. They have Dawg paws on the rear!

Kimmie Kay said...

What a great day for Morgan! These are great photos too. My youngest had a cart like that and was fascinated with it too...interesting. I only have one response to her Dawgs dress though (and I apologize in advance, ha ha)...GO GATORS!!!