
I even took some of Maddie by herself since she was being all smiley.

The series of events the followed however killed the great mood of everyone in the house. First, Morgan somehow fell around the fireplace and got a bruise and bump on the side of her face. I am not sure if she actually hit the fireplace or Madison's Exersaucer, but the damage was done. So, after we took a look and decided that she was going to live.... Madison had one of her great reflux moments and puked all over herself. No big deal, we are used to this. I got another outfit out and changed her. I go to get her strapped in her carseat and she puked all over the place AGAIN. I mean both times there was not a dry stich of clothing on her. At this point I decided to call it quits and hope that God would forgive me for missing church this morning. At this point I was a little unnerved as to what might happen next!
This is a picture of Morgan eating her snack this afternoon. You can only vaguely see the bruise in the picture but it is still there AND she has a visit tomorrow. Needless to say her mother is going to have a COW!!!! Ah, the joys of fostering....... they never end.

Good thing the girls are so cute and sweet and totally make every single minute worth it!!!!





11 comments:
The girls are beatiful! sorry about your little mishap before church. i know God will give you the A-okay on that one. just be glad you're not catholic-then the guilt would be monumental. trust me, i know. hehe. (kidding, MA!)
God will definitely understand. Sorry it was a rough day. Kids will be kids. Evan has already sported his own facial bruises from trying to stand. Things happen and Morgan's biological mom will just have to deal. You're doing a great job with both of those girls.
Sorry you had such a rough morning. The girls looked great in there outfits.
Oh sorry that was a rough morning. I don't blame you for skipping at that point. I'm cracking up at Katie's response! (it's true)
I think I would have put a onsie on the baby and some sweats on myself and just stayed home and chilled. Hope you still had a good day with the girls. That bruise doesn't look too bad. Maybe it will fade some overnight :)
Hi Mel! I'm a friend of Chris Bresnan and a blogger buddy to Cup of Joe's Katie. Just wanted to stop by and tell you that I am adopted and a social worker who serves at risk kids, so I love you blog about fostering. The girls are adorable!!
I have so much respect for what you are doing, I know you probably don't get thanked that much, but I sure appreciate you and all good foster parents. :)
Katie does not tell a lie about us Catholic girls...we carry guilt like no other!
I hope today was better for you. I always enjoy seeing new pics of your girls ; )
Thanks for the encouragement girls! Funny thing was Morgan's mom canceled her visit at the last minute yesterday....hee hee. Darn it! Hoping it will majorly fade by Friday. But my normal parent aide is back from vacation on Friday and she will tell her to back off if she has a cow.
Nice to meet you Kimmie Kay! You should check out my cousins' blog. It is Two x Two. She rarely writes but it is the story of their adoption process with their foster children. It is ultimately what drove me to do this.
I will check it out Mel, thanks! Feel free to check my blog out too and meet my girls...
mel-
are you going to the gwinnet consignment on 8/21?
I'm going to be there bright and early that Tuesday sans baby and laundry basket in tow. Good luck getting a toddler chair...we really like ours!
I am not planning to go to that one. I have to do the local ones since I usually have to take my lunch hour early in the morning to go to them. I have another one this Friday morning, so that is 2 for this week! I love them!!!! Good luck when you go. I hear that is a HUGE one.
Love that dress of Maddi's. Olivia only wore it like once!! Let us know how the visit goes on Friday. Glad Amy's finally going to be back.
Post a Comment