Maddie may be small for her age but she is developmentally right on track. She is 4 1/2 months and she can now roll over both ways and has no problems getting all over the living room. She can push herself anywhere with her legs! Putting her on her Boppy is about the only way that I can get her to stay on her tummy long enough to have any real tummy time. So, here she is on her Boppy trying to get her toy.
This is what happens after a few minutes when she loses her patience and is over the whole tummy time thing....
Up and over she goes. She just pushes and pushes until she gets over the Boppy and can scoot or roll anywhere. Boy, I thought that I had months before I had to worry about her rolling all over the place or scooting anywhere! Not so much apparently!
At school they have started to put her in the Exersaucer and she loves it. She just giggles and coo's. So, I gave it up and went and bought one today, in hopes of something that would entertain her and keep her from rolling all over the place. Here she is hanging out in her new saucer.

She says, "Gee, I think that I like this spinny thing that plays music and lights up the best!"

I just sat and giggled at her in it. She looks so tiny to be sitting in something so big!
And to prove it her little feet just dangle...even on the lowest setting. But it doesn't seem to phase Maddie at all. 
Well, I don't know about you gals but I sure am glad that this week is almost over. These last two weeks have been trying to say the least with the surgery and court and everything else. I hope that things calm down a little for a while now! Hope that you all have a SUPER Friday!





7 comments:
How cute. If you knew that you needed one you could have taken ours. Alex is bored with it already. Can not wait to see you again.
So they still need tummy time after they know how to roll over? Did I quit too early?
Cute photos. She'll grow into that saucer soon enough. Lindsay won't have anything to do with hers anymore. She's on the move!
Well, Andrea here's the deal. I am amazed that she can even roll over because she HATED to lay in the floor to have tummy time or to learn to do anything before. I think that we have just now gotten her med's down so that she is content and comfortable enough to lay and do anything. So, really she is just now starting to get tummy time. That is why I was worried. Poor kid has really had it rough so far. I am glad that she seems to be in less pain with her tummy these days.
Can't wait to see you again either Ang! I miss you and the kiddies.
oh okay. I was all worried I did it all wrong! Glad she is doing better with her feedings/meds. Keep up the good work!
girl, i hear about needing the weekend. i myself had the week from you know where too. hope you have a great weekend. love all your pics of maddie. :)
Post a Comment