Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Meet Morgan

I received a phone call today around 3:50 as I was getting ready to head out of work. They said that they had a blond haired, blue eyed angel that was two years old. I said "YES!" So, I rushed home and started cleaning and trying to get ready while looking for daycares and answering 5,000 phone calls. When she got here she was all smiles and giggles. She hasn't even wimpered once until I gave her her bath. She didn't like that at all! So far Morgan is very easy going and loving. She hugs and kisses EVERYONE! And there were lots of people here to hug and kiss!

This is a picture of me rocking her.

Here is a picture of my Mom rocking her with my nephew Ethan looking on.

This is Morgan out for the night in her crib. Notice that she is a thumb sucker. A girl after my own heart I tell ya!

I didn't get any good pictures of her after her bath before she got tired. So, I promise to do that tomorrow.

I can't believe that it happened already. When they brought her they handed me a sheet of paper and said here is your approval and here is your kid. So, that's how it works.

My neice Emily is spending the night tonight. She is off tomorrow and wants to be with her. We are already in love!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, she is truly an angel. I'm so happy for you and I hope you have a good night!

Love ya,
Sissy

Anonymous said...

oh, how awesome! she is so beautiful! i can't wait to see more pictures. what an awesome experience this is going to be and i can't wait to hear all about it!

Melanie said...

Thanks girls. It is 8am in the morning and she is still asleep. She has slept over 12 hours!!! I'm glad at least one of us got some sleep. I'll try to take better pics today.

Anonymous said...

Great News. I am so excited for you. I can not wait to meet her in person. Kade and Luke will have so much to teach her. Girls night out just got a little more exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she's beautiful. What an amazing ministry you are called to. I am humbled and inspired.

Bethany said...

Yeah for Morgan!!! Can't wait to meet her this weekend. Call me, girl. You were supposed to give me an in person update today!!!