For many years I have heard horror stories of little girls and their clothes. The fits and tantrums over the exact outfit that they just HAVE to wear. Well, I have been pretty lucky so far. Morgan loves clothes but she has, for the most part, always been willing to wear whatever I lay out for her. Sometime over the summer she started showing more of an interest. Usually conversations went something like this...
Me: Morgan go put your clothes on.
Morgan: I really, really want to wear my pink skirt today.
Me: Well, what do you think about the outfit I laid out? Isn't it so pretty?
Morgan(the pleasing child that she is): Is that what you really want me to wear today Mommy?
Me(knowing that she wants to please me...and yes I know that I am horrible): Well if you want to wear it...
Morgan: That outfit is the prettiest Mommy! I want to wear that today.
That little scene has played out over and over and over for the last 6 months or so. This school year she wants to wear skirts or dresses to school all the time. I try to explain to her that it wouldn't look very good for her to be wearing a dress and hanging upside down on the monkey bars and lets not forget that I really don't want another "incident" in which my child comes home crying because the PE teacher yelled at her for not wearing tennis shoes... (but uhummm, that a whole 'nother story). That worked for a while.... Now we are starting the "but MOMMMYYYY so-and-so wears dresses and skirts to school EVERY day!!!!" So, I have tried to acquire some skorts and leggings for her to wear some this winter, but not every day, sorry kiddo.
Yesterday she called from my parents house and started the minute they got home planning her outfit for today. She just had to wear a pretty, pretty skirt, a cool shirt, pink leggings, boots, her butterfly necklace, and her watch. REALLY?!?!! I just said, "Ok, we'll talk about it when we get home tonight." I thought she would forget.....I really should have known better! So, as soon as we got home we went to her closet and came out with three options.
She was so excited this morning saying over and over again how pretty she was going to be. It was so funny because every time she said it she would look over at me and say, "I know, I know Mommy...I'm pretty every day, but today I am going to be the very prettiest of all!!!"
Here is my very opinionated little girl this morning all ready for school.

I think she looks the absolute PRETTIEST today myself, but then I am a bit biased I suppose.

I am aware of how lucky I am that she has pretty much been my own little doll to dress up for this long, but I gotta tell you girls... I have seen a glimpse of the future and I'm a bit scared, lol!





4 comments:
She is adorable! I love her pink and purple curtains too. Makes me want to be young and play dress up again!
Oh I am scared myself! Allie and her clothes are always a source of argument in this house!
Nope. You're right...she is the prettiest ever! What an adorable outfit. :)
She's beautiful! And so big. I am glad to see you back. Maybe I can actually start updating at some point soon.
Post a Comment