Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A lovely Spring Day!!

The weather was so nice Sunday that I couldn't resist taking Morgan to the park. On top of being cold, rainy, and dreary lately, she has also been kept away from the playground because of her arm. I braved it Sunday and just kept my eye on her really closely. She had a blast. Our park has all of these little rocker toys and she would get on one for about 5 seconds then hop off and run to the next on....over and over.



I could barely keep up with her. I am not really overprotective (or at least I tell myself that I am not!), but with that many kids around I am too scared to be one of those parents that sits on the bench and reads while their kids play. So, we were all over the place.



Thankfully my sister, my mom, and Molly came a little later and Molly Polly got to do the chasing for a while! I will leave you with my favorite picture of the day and a wish for the nice Spring weather to stick around.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Morgan looks so grown up in these pictures! She has really matured in your care Melanie. Hope you were able to get out for a little bit today after work-it was gorgeous, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Love Morgan's hair in pig tails. She looks so tall. Has it been that log since I have seen her. Also love the photos of Trey and Mags on the side.

Tara said...

Cute pictures. I run after Evan at the park too and I probably will for the rest of my life. I can't read or do something else. I'm so overprotective.

Anonymous said...

i second andrea! she does look so grown up! great pics, mel. glad you guys got to enjoy the spring weather! with all the rain lately it's nice seeing the sun for a change, no? . :)

Anonymous said...

Yes girls the weather is completely lovely...too bad it is supposed to rain all weekend I hear! And yes, she is getting VERY tall! She is so much more a little girl now than a toddler. Like I woke up one morning and BAM.... It makes me so sad!!!!

Chris said...

I agree with everyone else here. Love the pigtails! I'm glad she had fun and it's good that you got her back out there too. I can't blame you for feeling a bit over protective after a broken arm. I see those parents kicked back reading a book and I think they MUST have a babysitter or someone else with them chasing. Who can do that? I also see the mom with two that is breastfeeding a baby and I'm like how is she going to get up and run if she needs to? What if one of the older kids is about to fall off something? That is my fear of having two kicking in??? The who do you take care of first syndrome. UGH. Anyway...thanks for your kind get well comments. I'm SO over it right now. Glad to see a new post here. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week!!

Christie Ingram said...

Wow, Morgan is really growing up! She looks like such a big girl! I love park days. Too bad we are in for a yucky weekend : (

Heather said...

Those are cute pictures. I am glad your afternoon at the park turned out well. And, hey it'll keep you fit chasing a munchkin at the playground.

Bethany said...

Too much fun!!! Hope we can join you next time - that's Olivia's favorite place.