Sunday, December 9, 2007

Our 1st Christmas Party

Saturday we had the DFACS Christmas Party. I kind of dreaded going, but it proved to be a great time. They had giant gingerbread men at the door. Of course, I couldn't get Morgan to be still for a pic.



Then they had crafts and cookie decorating to entertain the kids. Morgan decorated one ornament and then it was off to decorate cookies. They gave each kid 2 cookies and there was all kinds of icing and sprinkles also. Morgan took a bite before she ever started decorating. Everyone there has been told the stories of the eater that she is so they were all on the floor laughing. Here she is hard at work.



And then of course she had to taste the finished product....who are we kidding she polished both of the cookies off!



After that they started screaming that Santa was almost there and all the kids went running outside. Ok, here is where I regret that I was talking and forgot my camera....cause Santa arrived with a police escort in a Corvette!!!! I was cracking up.

After Morgan waited, not so patiently, in line to sit in the jolly ole man's lap she finally got to the front. Where they handed her this HUGE stocking with her name on it....seriously it was bigger than her! Let me see if I can remember everything in it...an Old Navy hat, mittens, house shoes, and stuffed penguin. There was also a blanket, a baby doll, Hello Kitty purse, and Candy Land!



Then, her wait paid off she got to see Santa.



Finally she says! I am sure at this exact minute she is telling him that she wants a kitchen......and a horse. Yes, I said a horse. And she does mean a real one. What I can only hope is that Santa told her the same thing that I do. A horse will not fit on the sleigh or down the chimney!!!!



We did get to see little Madison again. Her foster parents recently got a little boy too. His name is Triston and boy was he a cutie! Here is a pic of the girls that we took.



Then we got this shot before we left. This is one of Morgan's most favorite people in the whole world, Miss Casi. Casi is Morgan's case worker and we love her to death! You can probably tell by Morgie's smile that she adores Miss Casi.



Me and Morgie had a great time...well except for those tantrums that she threw waiting on her turn to see Santa!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Fun! That seems like a great party and a great way for getting Christmas started off right. I am glad you got to see Maddie again too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

^ me, sorry.

As the mother of a child who would much rather eat than play I can really appreciate a child with a healthy appetite!

I am really impressed with the amount of goodies in Morgan's stocking! She deserves it all and more.

Anonymous said...

That pic of Morgan in the upper right hand corner is so cute. I love it! Great post! I love cookie decorating. looks like Morgan had a blast! :)

Anonymous said...

oops! I should really be getting to bed sooner. My comment should have read that David would much rather PLAY than eat. Its a chore getting him to eat anything these days!

Anonymous said...

Morgan looks really cute in her Old Navy outfit. Ms Casi...is that the same lady that was at your house when they brought Maddie? If it is she looks different.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ang it is. Since she got preggers she has calmed her look down a bit!

Tara said...

Glad the party went so well. Morgan gets cuter by the day. Love the pictures of her with Santa.

Chris said...

You mean I am going from Tantrums seeing Santa to tantrums TO SEE Santa? I can't wait! Love the pic of her with Casi and the one of her with Santa! She's such a HAPPY GIRL!

Kimmie Kay said...

I've had to tell Caroline the same thing every year about the horse too, ha ha! The party looks like fun, I l loved the photo if Morgan and Madison together!