If there was one person that I would have loved for Morgan to meet it would have been my Mema. I can barely type this as I tear up thinking about it, because I know that she would have loved her. My Mema was an extraordinary person. Her and my Papa would have been married 67 years yesterday. And what a couple they were. I have always said that my goal, if I ever do get married, is to be just like them. Some of my fondest childhood memories are playing school and Uno with her. One could never say that they didn't know that they were loved while in her presence. My Mema was famous for her way with flowers. She LOVED them all and could grow anything. Saturday we took some pictures of Morgan in some of the same spots that me and my sister had our pictures taken as children, among Mema's flowers.
This is the thrift going down into Mema & Papa's garden. I have always loved it.
These are the steps in front of their house. Lots of pics have been made here throughout the years!
And here is one of me and Morgan. I don't have any of us together so I wanted a few.

This is my Papa. Morgan calls him Papa Clay and she loves him fiercely. Isn't he cute?!?!?!?

This was my favorite picture from the whole day. Morgan is in my moms cherry tree. It isn't high and I promise my mom was right there.

This is me and my Mema a little over a year ago by the same tree that Morgan is in. I know that she is in heaven absolutely loving watching Morgan playing in her flowers.






11 comments:
I thought yesterday that Mema would have just loved Morgan. Just like she did all of us. She's been on my mind alot the last several days and I really miss her.
Love you and Morgan,
Sissy
How special! I know where you are coming from! I would give anything if my grandparents (my dad's parents) were still around to meet D. He is named after them - Davis. I know they watch over him daily, and that comforts me! If I didn't know any differently - with that shot of you and Morgan together - she looks so much like you! Love ya girl!
You are blessed to have had a wonderful grandmother and have a great relationship with her. Sadly I never got to meet my maternal grandmother (she died 6 days before I was born) and my fraternal grandmother lived far away and we never really got to know each other. Treasure the memories you have!
ahh, that is a really awesome post, melanie. so sweet. and your Papa is adorable! what great memories you have with them that you can tell morgan about. awesome pics of her and such a beautiful picture of you and mema. great post! you had me tearing up too as i thought about my Granny and how much i have missed her since she's been gone.
Thanks for obliging me this posts girls. I have loved reading everyone of your comments. My Mema was a truely special lady. Someone that I aspire to be like every day!
I remember your mema fondly. Whenever I used to play at your house I always remember us running back & forth between your parent's house and your mema & papa's house. We had so much fun.
Bridget I have special memories of being at your grandma and Angela's Granny Sue & Papa's too. At your Granny's she used to give us money when we got off the bus to go get something from the vending machine at the shop and we used to play Ker-Plunk there, or however you spell that. Great times to look back on.
Oh how sweet. This is a great post. Makes me think of when we were young. Those special memories are the best to have. I know I have plenty with my Granny H and I try to make sure that my kids are doing the same. Love the pic of Morgan in the tree.
Mel Mel! Morgn is so sweet! i hope u get to keep her! But im sure that u probally want whats best for morgan! Im sure that it would be best for u to keep her but.....! Im just so glad that she could be apart of our family i just hope it would stay that way!
I luv u and Morgan SOOO much!!!
Molly Polly
Morgan is so beautiful in those pictures! Definitely, cherish your memories. I miss my maternal grandmother so much. She passed away in 2002 and I know she would love Evan and do everything for him like she did for me and my brother.
Great blog and great pics of Morgan. You're right, and Mema is smiling from above knowing that she's being remembered so fondly. Morgan will surely feel the same way about your parants. She's already hooked!
Post a Comment