Monday, March 19, 2007

A Day of First...

Yesterday Morgan topped off her weekend of many first with two new ones on Sunday. She wore her first BIG girl pull-up.

And she kept it dry might I add. She will go to the potty if you ask her, but she won't tell you yet.

Then, to top off all the very first things that she did this weekend, she slept in her BIG girl bed for the very first night. Before she went to bed I went and explained to her that she was going to sleep in a big girls bed tonight and let her sit on it to get used to the idea.

She throws her hand up and says what the heck I'll try it!


Now, of course, like any camera crazed Mommy I had to go back in there after story time, prayers, and after she was fast asleep to get some pics of her sleeping in her bed for the first night.

Snug as A Bug in A Rug!

I just LOVE watching her sleep. I don't think that I ever fully understood the fasination until I got her.

Now, I know that all of these things don't seem very big for a little girl 3 months shy of her third birthday, but these are HUGE for Morgan. She has changed so much and absorbed and learned so much since I got her six weeks ago. The night that they brought her she literally had no verbal communication skills. But now she is starting to improve and she sings lots of songs, and knows her ABC's, AND she can count to 10! She continues to amaze her Me-Me daily that is for sure!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Morgan is so blessed to have you - and you are so blessed to have her! I am SO happy for your both, and my heart fills with flutters everytime I check in on your sweet blog! Much Love!

The Brain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed with all you've accomplished. Morgan is so blessed to have you. God is truly working miracles through your ministry.

Anonymous said...

I've got potty training envy!! hehe :) good for her! she sure has learned a lot since you have had her. totally a result of your awesome mommy skills. i am very impressed, girl!

Anonymous said...

I, of course, would love to take the credit. But the little squirt is just smart! She absorbs everything, it is very obvious that no one has really ever tried to teach her anything or worked with her before. So sad.

Anonymous said...

Morgan you are getting ot be such a big girl!!! I love the "BIG GIRL" bed sheets. So cute!