Sunday, February 22, 2009

Big Girl Room almost Complete......FINALLY!!!!

Well Morgan FINALLY has a little girl room. I held off buying most of the furniture until I knew for sure that the TPR was going to go through. I have been looking around since October for a chest and night stand that would match her bed. I really wanted to keep her bed because I just love it so much. I found the perfect ones a couple of weeks ago and ordered them and they came in on Friday. I had also picked up a small bookcase, new bedding, and curtains along the way. Me and my mom have been working on it today and I have to say that I LOVE IT! I never thought that it would come together this good. This is the view when you walk in her door.


You will have to pay no attention to my little homeless girl. She got in the pile of clothes that was sitting in the floor and this emsemble is what she came up with. Nice, eh?
A little better view of the bookcase. It looks like her own litte suite.
The little night stand that will someday hold her tv. We are still holding out on that one. I still want her to play instead of having her nose stuck in the television constantly.


Her bed with the new bedding. I love it. Of course Shami, Froggy, and Chocolate are waiting for Morgie and bedtime. She has to sleep with all three every night.


Another angle of her room that shows the chest and her favorite place the mirrors. I am pretty sure that I am going to add a place to hang her Princess dresses between her bed and the mirrors.


Here is the top of the chest. I love these picture frames, although I haven't changed the pictures since last summer. One says "fairy tales do come true" and the other says "once upon a time."


This is her door with some of her hairbows. All the rest of them are in one of her chest drawers. She has a million! We just got this bag. It has her new initials on it!


I think that it is pretty much finished. I am going to add some storage bins in the lower part of her bookcase, a place to hang her dresses up, and I am going to have some canvases painted with her initials on them to go over the night stand. But you can get a pretty good picture now. She is so excited. She keeps running up to me and saying, "Love it!" When me and mom got finished we just stood in the doorway and sighed, finally the girlie girl room that my princess deserves!! We were almost teary eyed as this is just another thing that makes it REAL! She is here to stay, THANK GOD!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words...

Just Gorgeous!

I love the idea about hanging up her princess dresses. And way to go keeping the TV out of her room as long as possible. We will be doing the same!

Bethany said...

Yeah!!! I've been waiting for these pics. It looks great. I think it goes with the bed perfectly. And LOVE the new bedding. Oh, you couldn't have planned it any better!!

Christie Ingram said...

The room looks beautiful! I love the bed with the storage cubes underneath. I can't wait to do a big girl room for Carly and Olivia. Their room is so plain right now. Carly knows pictures off of the wall and climbs furniture so all they have is 2 beds and a rug in their room. Oh well, safety first : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for such sweet comments. I don't think that we will be able to hold out much past Christmas w/ the tv BUT the plan is just to get a small tv/dvd combo so all she will be able to watch is videos. She has already started saying she wants an iPod and a tv for Christmas!!! Yeah right! And Christie holding out until they are older was a blessing in disguise too. Because now what is in there was bought with the intention of lasting a while. Nothing to baby-ish....kept me from spending too much 2 times around!

Thanks again ladies!

The Partins said...

Love the room!!!

Tara said...

So glad you posted pictures! I wish I could of held out on the TV in Evan's room but he loves his train videos...so I'm a sucker and gave in quite early. I love the furniture and her big girl room. She's so lucky to have you!

Amanda said...

This looks GREAT! I love it! You did a super job! Gotta love little girls' rooms!

Jennifer said...

Looks awesome! I just wanted to let you know that I read several of your old posts to get the gist of your story. Gob Bless you, Mel! Blessings on your pending gotcha day!!!