Sunday, August 24, 2008

175th Anniversary


Today my church celebrated it's 175th anniversary. How cool is that?!?!? It was tons of fun. They also made it Old Timers Day, which by the way is much easier for guys! They invited all the former pastors to come and told all kinds of interesting facts about the history of the church. They even had baptising in the oldest baptising pool. Then they had lunch on the grounds. Yummy!

Here is a picture of Iz Man with Morgie on the steps of the old church. What hams!!!


And Morgie coming down the steps. This is the church that was in use when I first started going to our church in the mid 90's. I LOVE the old church. So many wonderful memories!!

Morgie walking down the steps.

After we all ate some of the members brought their horses to the church and the kiddies all got to ride. Morgan went first.

She was in heaven!



Then it was Chey Chey's turn.

Then Iz Man.

John John walked the kids down to see the other horse that was getting a rest. I LOVE this picture! Too sweet!

The youth has their own little outdoor arena for youth gatherings and singings. Next the kiddies traveled over to it to play around.


All the kiddies. At one point Morgan & Cheyenne were singing Jesus Loves Me and Izzy was getting ready to preach to us!


Here is Izzy. These pics just melt my heart. Little Israel takes in everything and by that I mean EVERYthing! So, here is he is preaching. He is saying, "And as for me and my house we will SERVE the LORD!!" Gasp, sigh!!!!


What would a Southern Baptist preacher be without walking it out a little?? I love the next pic.


Finally a picture of Morgan and John-John. She loves her John-John and tends to really show out to get his attention.


What a great day! I absolutely love my church and my church family. They are AMAZING!!!


Happy 175th Anniversary!!!!!


6 comments:

Angela said...

I saw something about this in the paper. How amazing is that!! I love all the pics. Chey and Izzy are really getting big.

Misty said...

WOW! 175 Years! That is something to CELEBRATE! How cute is little IZZY, he fits the part so well. Too cute!!!!!

Kimmie Kay said...

Hi Mel Mel! Sorry to have been such a stranger, but wanted to stop by and say hi. :) This post about your church was awesome and those pictures really moved me, you are blessed!
I wanted to give you my email as well, in case you wanted any updates (other than what you get already) about Chris: kdnorman@cfl.rr.com
I've changed the title of my blog, wrote a long update post and added some recent pics, so stop by if you have time!

Anonymous said...

Mel! i have missed ya! happy birthday to you and your sis! and i love all the pictures! hope u and morgan are doing well, darlin'! :)

Anonymous said...

I've been fortunate enough to be a part of that church for nearly 40 years. We've had our ups and downs but it still melts my heart. My family has been going to this church for 6 generations!!! That's amazing when you sit back and think about it. We had a fun day and the kids did show out a bit. Oh well - what are kids for!!??? Thanks for being the photographer. You really got some great shots of the kids.

Anonymous said...

Wow! 175 years! That is truly amazing. I love all of the pictures, especially the ones of Morgan on the horse and Izzy with his bible in hand. Preach it brother!