Thursday, August 9, 2007

Maddie's Discovery


In the last few weeks Madison has discovered her toes. She loves them and loves to feast on them. I took these a few nights ago after her bath. She loves to lay with no clothes on!
Hey, Look what I found!

No one told me about these things. I have been missing out! Toys that travel everywhere with me....who knew?!?! And so tasty too!

After a while she gets bored of the effort it takes and decides just to chew on a finger instead. It is much less work!

I took Madison to the Pediatric Gastrologist and he ordered her an upper GI to be done on Monday afternoon. She threw up all over his office and he just couldn't believe that she throws up like that constantly....I believe his exact wording was...."That's impressive!" I was like yeah tell me about it! I am hopeful that we will find out what is wrong with her so that we can get it fixed. I worry so much that she isn't getting the nutrition that she needs. He couldn't believe that she threw up solids too. And just in case you are wondering it has taken me like an hour to write this blog because I have had to change me and her three times in an hour! Thank goodness for onesies!!!!!!



9 comments:

All My Love said...

I love these pictures. I love them at this age...discovery of their own body parts is so much fun to watch. DJ realized he had a pee-pee and now everytime I change him he stays still to try and grab himself ...YIKES :)

Anonymous said...

Dang! I guess you get used to all the throwing up after awhile...I have a serious aversion to vomit...emetiaphobia-litterally a fear of me vomiting in public or someone else near me doing it...strange I know. Its true what they say though that its different when its your own child...

Tara said...

Poor Maddie. I hope she gets better soon. You have great patience to have the energy to blog after changing you and her three times.

Those are cute pictures!

Heather said...

Congrats to Maddie on finding her toes. They're fun, huh?

I hope the doc figures out what's up and how to fix it.

Chris said...

Oh, I hope the doc works and this will be a distant memory for you. UGH!
Those photos of her with her toes are so adorable. What a cutie patootie!

Kimmie Kay said...

I hope that the doc gets everything straightened out, I know that can't be fun for either of you. The pictures of Madison discovering her toes are precious!!!

Anonymous said...

Much love to Maddie. Andrea- i did not know that about you, gurl. i am an extreme clausterphobe myself.
Hope all goes well, Mel! have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you will get a good report from the doc on Monday.

Christie Ingram said...

Hi melanie,

that sounds exactly like what Carly was doing at 3 months of age. She has severe reflux. Did he mention a swallow study to rule out aspiration? I really like Dr. Patel too. We saw him once when Carly was in the hospital. I like him better than the doc we have but it is very hard to change within the practice! We will pray that all goes well with Maddie. It can be scary when your little one is throwing up everytime she eats.