Sunday, August 26, 2007

Family Update

To update those of you who I don't talk to daily, Maddie is no longer with us. To make a very long and painful story as to the point as it can be.....her mother moved to another county and they are transferring Madison there. I have had a very difficult 2 weeks and I hope that everyone will keep me in their prayers. I always knew that I would get kids and that they would go, but these circumstances made it very difficult to accept. Morgan has now named her doll that she has always called baby Maddie and she says at least once a day that the police came to get Maddie......which by the way they didn't. I have to reassure her that they didn't and that Madison is safe with people who love her.

On another note I think that everyone is starting to see some of the things that I have been telling them about Morgan and now in addition to her once a week therapy session she is going to have additional in home play therapy every week when they find someone to do it. They are looking into raising her level of care and I it is doubtful that they will place another child in my home with Morgan here.

So, forgive me for my absence but a lot has been going on. Please keep me and Morgan in your prayers and also remember Maddie as I know that she will forever be in mine.

12 comments:

Tara said...

You are definitely in our prayers, and Morgan and Maddie too! Maddie was lucky to have you in her life as long as you did and Morgan is very fortunate to be with you. You do such a wonderful job and you're still an inspiration to me!

Heather said...

I am sorry to hear about Maddie. She is such a darling, I'll miss seeing her exploits. I know you will miss her deeply and will pray for all of you. Tara is right, she was lucky to have someone like you in her life, even if for a short time.
I am also happy that Morgan will be getting more assistance. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you were going to post this. I knew it would be hard. Call me if you need to talk.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing mom and Maddie will forever be blessed by your love and prayers for her. Mogan learned a lot from her too I'm sure.

Bethany said...

Welcome back, Mel. I know some pieces of normalcy will help smooth the transitions ahead. You know better than most, God's will always prevails.

Katy S. said...

HI I am Katy, Heather and Tara's sister in law. I just came across your blog and I am very touched by you and your big heart.

Noah's mommy said...

I'm so sorry you have been dealing with this. God will bless you for taking care of these children and blessing their lives.

Christie Ingram said...

I am so sorry that you lost Maddie. I so admire you for what you are doing and both Morgan and Maddie will be better people for the care and love you have given them. We will definitely continue to keep you in our prayers!

Melanie said...

Thank you all so much for your constant support and encouragement, but most of all for the prayers. I know that that is what has gotten us all through this. Thank you all girls!

Chris said...

I'm a little late on this. So sorry to hear that. I concur with all of the other girls. Hang in there. I can't imagine what you're going through. (((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late too, but I am so sorry about this. You have made a huge impact in her life. and i will keep you and morgan and baby madison in my prayers. you have such a big heart and madison was blessed to have had you on her life.

Amanda said...

I am just now checking blogs. My heart goes out to you, and I will continue to keep all three of you in my prayers. You inspire me, and I admire you for your dedication and willingness to provide a safe haven of love and protection for both these angels. Maddie will never forget you -- I am sure of that!